UK and Internations Research Funding
- National Research Centre: Centre for Research and Evidence on Security Threats (CREST) (Consortium: Lancaster, Portsmouth, Birmingham, Cranfield, UWE). See press releas here.
- Royal Society (£3,000). Development of an evidence-based recall tool to enhance simulation training. Hope, L. (February, 2015).
- Development Funding (£13,900). Reporting Tools. Hope, L. (October, 2014).
- Economic & Social Research Council (£120,000). Promoting justice: Professionalising frontline policing with an evidence-based Structured Interview Protocol? Gabbert, F., Hope, L., Ellis, T. & Milne.R (August 2014).
- British Academy (£9,949). Identifying how and why different recall tests affect subsequent learning of information. Gabbert, F., Hope, L., & Sauer, J. (August, 2014).
- Economic & Social Research Council (£49,196). Learning from the expert: Can observing the oculomotor behaviour of expert face processors improve training of face matching? Hillstrom, A., Hope, L. & Sauer, J. (August 2012 – August 2013).
- Centre for the Protection of National Infrastructure* (£6,000). Enhancing memory and reporting. Hope, L. (January – March, 2011).
- Home Office Scientific Development Branch (£9,118). Review of training methods for facial image comparison. Hillstrom, A., Hope, L. & Sauer, J. (December 2010 – March 2011).
- Higher Education Investment Fund* (£2,575). Hope, L. Self Administered Interview Recall Tool: Website Development (August, 2010).
- British Academy (£7,496). Flowe, H., Hope, L., & Hillstrom, A. Beyond novelty? Oculomotor evidence of the role of attention in the weapon focus effect (March 2010 – March 2011).
- Higher Education Investment Fund* (£4,000). Hope, L. Market Assessment of the Self Administered Interview Recall Tool (August, 2009)
- Economic & Social Research Council (£28,453). Gabbert, F. & Hope, L. Improving the delivery of justice for victims, witnesses and society: Field Trials of the Self Administered Interview Recall Tool. (August 2009 – December 2010).
- Economic & Social Research Council* (£99,998; £81,282 awarded). Hope, L., Gabbert, F. & Brewer, N. Interviewing eyewitnesses: Enhancing output quantity and diagnosing accuracy. (Bilateral Programme Award RES-000-22-3169: April 2009 – December 2010). Conduct and outcomes were rated ‘Outstanding’ by all assessors.
- Australian Research Council. (AUD152,000). Brewer, N., Hope, L. & Gabbert, F. Interviewing eyewitnesses: Enhancing output quantity and diagnosing accuracy. (Bilateral Programme Award; April 2009 – December 2011)
- Metropolitan Police Service & Metropolitan Police Federation* (£114,582). Hope, L. & Gabbert, F. Examining the Impact of Conferring on Individual and Collaborative Recall in a Policing Context. (January 2009 – January 2010).
- Home Office Scientific Development Branch (£4,010). Hillstrom, A., Hope, L. & Nee, C. Applying psychological science to the CCTV review process: A review of cognitive and ergonomic literature (January 2008 – March 2009).
- British Academy (£69,527). Gabbert, F., Hope, L., & Fisher, R. Protecting Eyewitness Evidence: Testing the efficacy of a Self-Administered Interview tool. (September 2007- September 2008)
- Nuffield Foundation* (£1, 400). Hope, L. Monitoring target search activity in a sequential lineup: Can we identify a successful identification strategy? (Summer Bursary Award: 2007).
- British Academy (£7,153). Gabbert, F., Hope, L., & Fisher, R. Supporting Eyewitness Memory with a Self-Administered Scene of Crime Recall Tool. (March-November, 2006)
- Nuffield Foundation* (£1,400). Hope, L. Memory and arousal: Examining the role of attention in the weapon focus effect. (Summer Bursary Award: 2006).
- British Psychological Society Research Seminars Competition (£2,985). Blank, H., Hope L., Gabbert, F., Wright, D. & Ost, J. Examining Social Influence on Memory (2006).
Invited Internation Funding Awards
- CNPq: Brazilian National Council for Scientific and Technological Development (Apoio a Projetos de Pesquisa / Chamada MCTI /CNPq /MEC/CAPES Nº 18/2012), R$20,676.63 (GB£6,348.42). Eyewitness Psychology and Police Investigation (Grant No: 407185/2012-7). Stein, L., Hope, L. & Gabbert, F. (January 2013 - December 2014)
- Humanities and Social Sciences Research Grants Program, Kwantlen University College, Canada, CAN$3,000 (GB£1,901). Enhancing the reporting of industrial accidents. McLean, C., Hope, L. & Gabbert, F. (December 2012- December 2013).
European Doctoral Program Funding
- Erasmus Mundus Joint Doctorate Programme in Legal Psychology (click here for more information)
Member of the two-person bid team from University of Portsmouth working with bid teams from Maastricht University (The Netherlands) and Gothenburg University (Sweden).